Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Child Becoming Aware of God


The following is based on my own spiritual journey. Not a complete replication of the events, but a representation of the sentiments and thoughts.


Who are you? Do you really exist? I see you everywhere. People call out your name. They claim that you love them. They call you Father. How can it be? Are you really everyone’s father? They claim that you created all things, the trees, the sky, and the universe. Wow, that’s amazing.

Where are you? Whenever people refer to you they point upwards, are you up in the clouds? Maybe further up, like the moon? NASA has not made any claims of such a sight, so my guess is that it has to be far further up than just the blackness of the universe.

Apparently your book is the best selling book of all time, are you rich? Please don’t tell me you are saving it all? Investment seems the best way to go these days. I have tried reading it, but it is very complicated, I gave up. I read the part about where you created woman from man. Couldn’t you have reworded that so as not to make women seem inferior to men? Why? Let’s just say women have suffered due to it ever since.

Why don’t you respond? People claim to speak with you all of the time, I assumed you must be quite the conversationalist. However, I am getting bored from talking to myself, so I must be off, but you have a nice day.

Hello up there. I’m sorry to bother you with this, but my mother said to ask you. I really need to pass this test, so if you could help me out a little I’d really appreciate it. Help me remember all the answers or maybe make the test super easy, or just anything else you can think of. I would be indebted to you always. Thanks a lot!

You’ll be glad to know that people walk around talking about you all of the time. However, different people have varying things to say about you. My confusion regarding you has grown. Why is it that there are so many different interpretations of you? My neighbor claims that your mother has just as much power as you do. She actually speaks to your mother, and has pictures and statues of her everywhere. Does that bother you? My other neighbor claims that it does because you are jealous and expect people to worship only you. That seems pretty selfish and arrogant don’t you think? Honestly, I don’t know who to believe, and I don’t have time to figure it out.

I don’t know if you exist, but if you do, and if you really are in control of everything, this is a very mean trick you are playing on me. Have I offended you in some way? And if you did create me, what was the intention, to bring me upon this earth to suffer? I mean, really, if this what I was brought here for, then I do not want to be here anymore. Why don’t you just do away with me? I cannot take this anymore. The claims about you are that you are good, but I have pure misery in my life. Look, I know that I have not put in much effort in getting to know you. But if you really do exist, show yourself to me? It’s obvious by now that you don’t work that way, but I demand that you present yourself to me. You have to give me something, a sign of some sort or a message that will give me an inkling of hope or faith because not only am I confused about my purpose on earth, I am also in a lot of pain, and these two sentiments do not mesh well together. I implore you, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment